Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) on Friday, January 14 launched MA in Journalism and Mass Communication (MAJMC) program online. According to a press statement issued by IGNOU, the program will also be available to international students, which will be offered in online mode from the January 2022 admission cycle.
The two-year online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication is being offered by the School of Journalism and New Media Studies, IGNOU. Students can apply for the programme at ignouiop.samarth.edu.in.
IGNOU Prof. Nageshwar Rao, Vice-Chancellor, IGNOU launched the online MAJMC program, the statement issued by the university said. In his inaugural address, the VC said that the MAJMC ( MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication ) Online program is futuristic and encompasses all the core areas of journalism and mass communication. He also said that apart from English, the University will launch MAJMC in regional languages such as Hindi and other languages.
IGNOU mass communication programme eligibility
- Candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for the course:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Have access to a computer with an internet facility
- Possess basic knowledge of word processing
- The course duration is two years. Candidates are required to pay a fee amounting to Rs 12,500 per year. The registration fee will be Rs 200. Apart from English, the MAJMC online course is offered in Indian languages too, including Hindi.
The program will assist the student with building capabilities and foster proficient abilities to work open doors in different media areas. It will give potential open doors to people who are working in media associations without proper conventional preparation to overhaul their insight and skills.